Alex is a highly experienced, award winning web and digital developer, trainer and project manager working successfully in both public and private sectors since 1997. Alex is currently Lecturer in Digital Business for Salford Business School.
Alex is a member of the award winning Centre for Digital Business and is a lecturer in Digital Business at Salford University. He teaches and develops digital media including web development and search and social media. He has run his own web company at Salford University – EDinteractive.co.uk since 2003 and has undertaken successful projects with The British Council, the NHS, GVA Grimley, Bolton University, Lancaster University and Salford University. Before then Alex was chosen to work for a company called Video Arts as a Senior Media Developer developing e-learning multimedia packages for The Police, DEFRA, BT, The Woolwich Bank and many others. Alex’s first graduate job was as one of the Salford University’s first full time web and digital developers working for the Virtual Chamber project getting Manchester and Salford Online in 1997.
I have been fortunate enough to work with some talented teams over the years and play a part in award winning projects and being finalist for a large number of digital industry and teaching awards.
- Most Innovative Teacher – 2016 SU Teaching Awards
- VC Teaching Award – one half of the award winning eCommerce and advanced web development modules
- Postgraduate supervisor of the year – 2015 SU teaching awards
- Winner of the European Search Awards 2014, Public sector category – I was lead developer for Passport to Trade 2.0
- Winner Digital Entrepreneur Awards 2014 – Best Digital Team (Large) as part of the Centre for Digital Business.
- Twice finalist for the UK Social Media Awards
- Big Chip Awards – 7 times finalist and twice Little Chip award winners for supervising student projects
- Global Bangemann Challenge for Multimedia awards at Stockholm palace when the Virtual chamber was a finalist for this worldwide award.
Alex has a Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practise teaching qualification and a Masters with Distinction in Creative Technology from Salford University. Alex also has a BSc Hons Electronic Imaging and Media Communications from Bradford University. Alex has a thirst for knowledge and is always looking for the next relevant thing to get stuck into learning. He is currently studying a PhD in Digital Marketing at the University of Salford.
A daily user of the Adobe Creative suite, Alex has been developing robust, dynamic web applications in PHP / MySQL and ASP / ASP.net for over a decade. Alex is a solid designer and a highly experienced programmer, developer and digital marketer who has great experience creating video, animation, graphics and weaving these together. Alex teaches and runs a very popular search and social media marketing CPD course at MediaCityUK and practises what he preaches running EDinteractive.
Alex enjoys Photography, Socialising, Campervanning, Festivals, growing apples and travel writing. He writes regular travel articles for a popular VW Magazine.
For more information and reccomendations, please see LinkedIn